Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts, and oversees special projects.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and
preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO’s time and office.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, Consultants, Staff, and others, on matters related to CEO’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Senior Management Liaison
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organization in general
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders Strategic Initiatives
- Works with the Strategic Initiatives team in coordinating the CEO’s outreach activities
- Follows up on contacts made by the CEO and supports the cultivation of ongoing relationships
- Edits all, and creates acknowledgement letters from the CEO
- MBA with Bachelors in Engineering
Preferred Experience (not mentioned above or in the JD):
- 1-3 year of EA experience in Tech firm supporting C-Level Executives
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Social Media Platforms