Google Alerts Alternatives For Free
Looking for Google alert Alternatives for FREE? Google Alert Alternatives is not a go-to software anymore. However, if you’re looking for a tool that saves your time by going beyond everything to check everything that’s happening with your brand, you should consider some of the best Google Alert alternatives that will help you out in 2021.
That’s where Google Alerts came into the picture. This tool made content monitoring simple for every large corporation. So whether you’re running a corporate firm or a business owner, you’d get notifications pop up on your desktop whenever someone mentions your brand on the Google Alerts search bar.
In today’s time, the word “Internet” has been transformed into a completely different one. Now, Google Alerts is no longer software built for monitoring brands. Instead, several Google Alert Alternatives monitors everything that is currently happening with your brand.
Luckily, several free Google Alert Alternatives are much more robust and easy to use than Google Alerts. They will charge up your monitoring status and bring results for you.
Table of Contents
Why google alerts alternatives?
Monitoring social media and websites was a lot easier when Google Alerts was launched because there weren’t many channels for brands to promote their business. Google Alerts is freely available as compared to most web and media monitoring tools. It is easy to use and quick to set up. However, it’s not enough for businesses.
We live in a digital world where brands get maximum exposure with a strong social media presence and marketing strategy. It’s easier for brands to build a strong customer base, partnerships, generate leads, decrease marketing costs, and, most importantly, attract maximum sales.
Having said that, it also provides customers and competitors with a platform to express their views and opinions which can cause negative publicity for your brand. With the growth of social media and the development of technology, brands must have powerful software that goes beyond blogs and news websites making monitoring more accurate and evaluation of results faster. Due to omnichannel marketing, brands are now moving away from Google Alerts & opting for Google alternatives for the following reasons:
- Slow response and inaccurate results
- Restricted to sources that google tracks
- Inoperative Filters
- Frequent spam
- Ineffective customer service
- No detailed analytics
Therefore, due to the above reasons brands look for Google Alerts alternatives such as Mention, Meltwater, and Locobuzz, etc. that have comprehensive Social Listening & Media Monitoring features. These Google Alerts alternatives offer in-depth analysis of alerts making it easy for brands.
5 Best free google alert alternatives in 2021
Below, are the list of Google Alert Alternatives. Most of them are having Free Trial and easy to use. Checkout the best Google Altert alternative below.
- Prominent social media networks, news sites, blogs, forums, and web page monitoring.
- Quick alert notifications via email as per your time guidelines.
Analysis of growth, customer sentiment, locality, languages, and various social networking sources.
- Expands your brand by cooperating with key opinion leaders like influencers, experts, bloggers, etc, by creating brand awareness, strengthening customer relationships, and improve your sales.
- Allows you to integrate Mention’s skills on your website as per your layout requirement and rights management by providing access to historical data and API.
- Straight response from the app as mentions can be easily observed on the app’s dashboard.
- Boolean search tool to prevent spam, irrelevant mentions, alerts statistics, and disturbance.
Though Mention alerts is one of the most popular Google Alerts alternative, it faces strong competition in the market. There are many mention alternatives in the market such as Meltwater, Social Searcher, Brandwatch, etc
For industries and agencies, Brandwatch is an excellent social listening tool as it has been integrated with Google Analytics, Falcon.io, Buzzsumo, and Hootsuite to deliver you with maximum data and provide an in-depth understanding of your online presence, as well as your target audience and industry.
There are many Brandwatch alternatives too in the market but the thing that differentiates it from other alternatives is that Brandwatch alerts include built in tools that help the businesses better.
It includes three built-in tools:
- Brandwatch Analytics for monitoring basic social media sites as well as Pinterest, Sina Weibo, VK, QQ, news forums, blogs, review sites, comment sections, and websites. All you have to do is request to add the source to the list and it will satisfy your request instantly.
- Brandwatch Audience for recognizing images as well as texts. It helps you understand consumer sentiment by analyzing language over comments, feedback, and reviews. It also reports positive, negative, or neutral sentiments for your brand.
- Brandwatch Vizia enhances visualizations of queries and data and provides a command center to create a variety of text-based and visual displays and reveal real-time happenings.
For an enterprise-level, Meltwater tool provides content and campaign planning, scheduling, and publishing services in addition to:
- Monitoring 15 social networks along with blogs, online forums, review sites, comment segments, and websites.
- Providing access to both real-time and historical data and perform audience segmentation.
- Finds popular topics around your keywords, analyse sentiment and points out spikes in conversations.
- Suggests phrases related to the keywords you select. You can opt to use filters such as language, location, and source category for refining posts that are unimportant.
- Instant posting from the dashboard and connecting with key influencers and journalists as contacts.
Meltwater alternatives includes Locobuzz, Social Searcher, Mention alerts, Sprinklr & Talkwalker.
Locobuzz is a Social Listening and Digital Customer Experience Management Platform that brands use to engage and retain customers on a single, unified dashboard. It collects and analyses social media mentions. It has competitive intelligence and helps brands with real-time Competitive Benchmarking.
Locobuzz helps businesses enhance their online presence with Social Listening and congregates technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data, and Analytics to help brands build robust communication with customers and enhance their lifetime value. Through its capabilities, brands can derive rich insights and deep real-time data that can be leveraged to connect with customers. Its ORM system offers the following services:
- Safeguards your brand reputation and resolves customer problems immediately by listening to online reviews and feedback before it’s out of control. Improves ratings with specialized alert mechanisms.
- Manages various review channels and requests feedback from the customers to present collective insights for efficient brand customer service.
- Organic customer engagement with content strategies, planning, publishing, analytics, and collaborations to improve your brand’s social media presence.
- Provides timely updates on the latest developments in your field.
- Strategize in advance and take necessary efforts immediately by recognizing future trends and predicting probable spikes in demand for products and services.
- Discover competitors and observe and analyze their actions; preventing you from repeating the same mistakes as your competitors and improving in the areas your competitors are doing better.
- Provides demographic information about your audience based on location and languages and identifies new markets.
- Measures and enhances the effectiveness of your communications which helps you to examine the attention your brand received, and reach the target audience and expectations.
Locobuzz is considered as of the best mentioned alternatives, brandwatch alternatives as well as meltwater alternatives. Customer reviews on Capterra also suggest the same!
You can also read how Locobuzz enabled some of the biggest brands to transform their customer journeys, Click here
If you’re on a tight budget, then a Social Searcher is a great choice. It’s like a new version of Google Alerts that not only sends a timely notification when a brand is mentioned on digital platforms but also gives all the statistics. Social Searcher is one of the best Google Alerts alternatives because:
- You can set it up simply by inserting your brand keyword and find mentions sorted according to the online source, type, date, and popularity.
- Can find posts as old as five years depending on the platform. It mainly monitors Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Reddit, Dailymotion, Tumblr, Vimeo, Vkontakte, and Flickr.
- Sorts sentiment ratio by every platform and shows maximum active users who mentioned your keyword(s) as well as prominent links and phrases.
- Gives you post-distribution analysis every day by every hour making it helpful to identify “busy hours” for your keywords.
A media/brand monitoring tool will look after all the manual tasks for you. Consequently, brands prefer to integrate monitoring tools to track various channels and identify where the brand is mentioned. People opt for Google Alerts alternatives to better understand the perception of consumers and competitors and provide alternative solutions conveniently.
From collecting and analyzing data to stacking all the hits and emailing the report instantly at chosen times. Locobuzz will save time and allow you to concentrate on developing strategies and plan future actions.
The service is still operational and completely easily accessible all over the world. Google Alerts continued to encounter critical performance concerns as well as momentary regional unavailability yet Google technological support has actually been efficiently dealing with the reported concerns by users on its official online forum.
The unfortunate fact is that there is no function on Google that alerts you when somebody look for you by name.
If your personal information is identified on the dark internet, it might indicate someone took the details without your consent.
To start the elimination process, check out the subject’s support web page, scroll halfway down, as well as click the blue Beginning removal demand button.