Google Alerts Alternatives For Free
Why Google Alerts Alternatives?
Monitoring social media and websites was a lot easier when Google Alerts was launched because there weren’t many channels for brands to promote their business. Google Alerts is freely available as compared to most web and media monitoring tools. It is easy to use and quick to set up. However, it’s not enough for businesses.
We live in a digital world where brands get maximum exposure with a strong social media presence and marketing strategy. It’s easier for brands to build a strong customer base, partnerships, generate leads, decrease marketing costs, and, most importantly, attract maximum sales.
Having said that, it also provides customers and competitors with a platform to express their views and opinions which can cause negative publicity for your brand. With the growth of social media and the development of technology, brands must have powerful software that goes beyond blogs and news websites making monitoring more accurate and evaluation of results faster. Due to omnichannel marketing, brands are now moving away from Google Alerts & opting for Google alternatives for the following reasons:
- Slow response and inaccurate results
- Restricted to sources that google tracks
- Inoperative Filters
- Frequent spam
- Ineffective customer service
- No detailed analytics
Therefore, due to the above reasons brands look for Google Alerts alternatives such as Mention, Meltwater, and Locobuzz, etc. that have comprehensive Social Listening & Media Monitoring features. These Google Alerts alternatives offer in-depth analysis of alerts making it easy for brands.
List of Best, Easy, & Freemium Google Alerts Alternatives
Popularly known as ‘Google Alerts on Steroids’, Mention is one of the oldest Google Alerts alternatives and Social Listening tools. It offers:
- Prominent social media networks, news sites, blogs, forums, and web page monitoring.
- Quick alert notifications via email as per your time guidelines.
Analysis of growth, customer sentiment, locality, languages, and various social networking sources.
- Expands your brand by cooperating with key opinion leaders like influencers, experts, bloggers, etc, by creating brand awareness, strengthening customer relationships, and improve your sales.
- Allows you to integrate Mention’s skills on your website as per your layout requirement and rights management by providing access to historical data and API.
- Straight response from the app as mentions can be easily observed on the app’s dashboard.
- Boolean search tool to prevent spam, irrelevant mentions, alerts statistics, and disturbance.
Though Mention alerts is one of the most popular Google Alerts alternative, it faces strong competition in the market. There are many mention alternatives in the market such as Meltwater, Social Searcher, Brandwatch, etc
For industries and agencies, Brandwatch is an excellent social listening tool as it has been integrated with Google Analytics, Falcon.io, Buzzsumo, and Hootsuite to deliver you with maximum data and provide an in-depth understanding of your online presence, as well as your target audience and industry.
There are many Brandwatch alternatives too in the market but the thing that differentiates it from other alternatives is that Brandwatch alerts includes built in tools which helps the businesses better.
It includes three built-in tools:
- Brandwatch Analytics for monitoring basic social media sites as well as Pinterest, Sina Weibo, VK, QQ, news forums, blogs, review sites, comment sections, and websites. All you have to do is request to add the source to the list and it will satisfy your request instantly.
- Brandwatch Audience for recognizing images as well as texts. It helps you understand consumer sentiment by analyzing language over comments, feedback, and reviews. It also reports positive, negative, or neutral sentiments for your brand.
- Brandwatch Vizia enhances visualizations of queries and data and provides a command center to create a variety of text-based and visual displays and reveal real-time happenings.
For an enterprise-level, this tool provides content and campaign planning, scheduling, and publishing services in addition to:
- Monitoring 15 social networks along with blogs, online forums, review sites, comment segments, and websites.
- Providing access to both real-time and historical data and perform audience segmentation.
- Finds popular topics around your keywords, analyse sentiment and points out spikes in conversations.
- Suggests phrases related to the keywords you select. You can opt to use filters such as language, location, and source category for refining posts that are unimportant.
- Instant posting from the dashboard and connecting with key influencers and journalists as contacts.
Meltwater alternatives includes Locobuzz, Social Searcher, Mention alerts & many other.
Locobuzz is a Social Listening and Digital Customer Experience Management Platform that brands use to engage and retain customers on a single, unified dashboard. It collects and analyses social media mentions. It has competitive intelligence and helps brands with real-time Competition Benchmarking.
Locobuzz helps businesses enhance online presence with Social Listening and congregates technologies like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data, Analytics to help brands build robust communication with customers and enhance their lifetime value. Through its capabilities, brands can derive rich insights and deep real-time data that can be leveraged to connect with customers. Its ORM system offers the following services:
- Safeguards your brand reputation and resolves customer problems immediately by listening to online reviews and feedbacks before it’s out of control. Improves ratings with specialized alert mechanisms.
- Manages various review channels and requests feedback from the customers to present collective insights for efficient brand customer service.
- Organic customer engagement with content strategies, planning, publishing, analytics, and collaborations to improve your brand’s social media presence.
- Provides timely updates on the latest developments in your field.
- Strategize in advance and take necessary efforts immediately by recognizing future trends and predicting probable spikes in demand for products and services.
- Discover competitors and observe and analyze their actions; preventing you from repeating the same mistakes as your competitors and improve in the areas your competitors are doing better.
- Provides demographic information about your audience based on location and languages and identifies new markets.
- Measures and enhances the effectiveness of your communications which helps you to examine the attention your brand received, and reach the target audience and expectations.
Locobuzz is considered as on the best mention alternatives, brandwatch alternatives as well as meltwater alternatives. Customer reviews on Capterra also suggests the same!
You can also read how Locobuzz enabled some of the biggest brands to transform their customer journeys, Click here
If you’re on a tight budget, then a Social Searcher is a great choice. It’s like a new version of Google Alerts that not only sends a timely notification when a brand is mentioned on digital platforms but also gives all the statistics. Social Searcher is one of the best Google Alerts alternatives because:
- You can set it up simply by inserting your brand keyword and find mentions sorted according to the online source, type, date, and popularity.
- Can find posts as old as five years depending on the platform. It mainly monitors Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Reddit, Dailymotion, Tumblr, Vimeo, Vkontakte, and Flickr.
- Sorts sentiment ratio by every platform and shows maximum active users who mentioned your keyword(s) as well as prominent links and phrases.
- Gives you post-distribution analysis every day by every hour making it helpful to identify “busy hours” for your keywords.
A media/brand monitoring tool will look after all the manual tasks for you. Consequently, brands prefer to integrate monitoring tools to track various channels and identify where the brand is mentioned. People opt for Google Alerts alternatives to better understand the perception of consumers and competitors and provide alternative solutions conveniently.
From collecting and analyzing data to stacking all the hits and emailing the report instantly at chosen times. Locobuzz will save time and allow you to concentrate on developing strategies and plan future actions.